We expect all Participants to adhere to B.C. Orders & Guidance’s and respect local community’s rules & guidelines to ensure the stop of COVID-19 Virus from spreading. Participants are expected to respect any facility or area closures. Participants should bring their own hand sanitizer and practice appropriate hygiene.
Your Safety is priority
Stuart Lake is known for quick weather changes; please tell someone where you will be fishing. If weather worsens, head for shore.
We suggest you buy an official marine chart of Stuart Lake to become acquainted with the layout of the lake, its hazards, and channels. The RCMP and Conservation Officer Service may be present for the duration of Fishing Derby- you may be stopped for a random check.
Radio communiqués: Use Marine Channel 68 for Boat-to-Boat Communication and Channel 16 for EMERGENCIES.
EVERYONE IS A WINNER IF WE DO ARE PART IN KEEPING EVERYONE SAFE!
Tickets: $90 for Combo Pack Rainbow & Char Division plus Bonus Participation Draw ticket.
Binche Fishing Derby Rules:
1. Accepts to hold the Derby officials, sponsors, their agents, servants and/or employees, harmless from any liability of any nature for injuries or damages suffered by the entrant during the period of the derby.
2. Are entitled to one main cash prize per category. Participants may enter more than one fish. If succeeding fish is larger, the smaller fish with least value will be withdrawn.
3. May enter Char (Char Division) over 7lbs only orRainbow Trout (Rainbow Division) over 8lbs only caught in Stuart Lake by rod & reel with barbed or non-barbed hook and line. Tributary waters are excluded.
4. Accepts that official weigh-in will not take place until the entrant presents their official derby registration ticket to the Weigh Master in charge and agrees all fish entered in the Derby must be weight in at an official Weigh Station by the Weigh Master on the day caught.
Must enter the fish whole, (not gaffed, gutted or snagged), on or before closing of weigh station and winner will be determined by the weight of the fish only. Fish will be examined but not limited to for bleached and slimy gills, gaff marks, freezer burns, clouded eyes, unresponsive flesh-any of which can disqualify the fish. The decision is entirely up to the Weigh Master, and his/her word is final and not reviewable.
5. Accepts that fish weigh is determined by full ounces only. No fractions of ounces will be recorded. Weigh Master will record fish in grams if a tie breaking criteria should two fish according to the date and time recorded on the fish entry form will be the winner. The second or subsequent fish, entered at the same weight will assume the next lower position, and so on until all positions are filled. Derby participants accept that the decision of the Weigh Master will be final and not reviewable in any form. Accepts after official weigh in is complete; the fish will be gutted and cleaned in the presence of the Weigh Master.
6. Have your Ticket with you at all Times and final ticket sales are Friday 9pm July 3rd, 2021.
7. Have a Valid British Columbia Non-Tidal Angling License, unless you’re exempt by law.
8. Practice safe boating, and be courteous to others and comply with the Safe Boating Guide given out by Transport Canada (http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/marinesafety/TP-511e.pdf).
9. Must comply with regulations set out in 2019 – 2021 BC Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis.
10. Accepts that all decisions made by the Derby Committee and/or Weigh Masters are final and not reviewable.
11. Accept the official hours of the 5th Annual Binche Fishing Derby.
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Wednesday June 30 – Saturday July 3rd
6:00 AM to 3:00 PM Sunday July 4th
12. Ceremony for cash prizes will be held on Sunday, July 4th at 4:00 PM via Facebook Live on the Binche Fishing Derby Facebook Page.
13. Results will be posted at www.binche.ca at the end of each day.
Weighing Stations: BINCHE BAY STORE & FUEL / NAKALAT LODGE
***Please note that we will not accept phone calls or emails from anyone that will be late coming to weigh station due to any reason, if you are not here before closing of weigh stations in person with your fish, it will not be accepted or recorded.
Wednesday June 30th – Saturday July 3rd – 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Sunday July 4th – 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Sunday July 5th – 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
1. Binche Bay Store & Fuel
2. North Arm – Naklat Lodge