Job Summary: Operation & Maintenance Worker
Become a vital part of our Operations and Maintenance team, dedicated to enhancing our community’s infrastructure. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring the safety and efficiency of critical areas like waste and recycling, building improvements, snow clearing, and the maintenance of ditches and lawns.
- Maintain utilities such as water and sewer systems, ensuring their seamless operation.
- Operate and maintain various essential equipment and machinery for project execution and upkeep.
- Respond swiftly to emergencies on a call out basis, ensuring efficient resolution and minimal disruption.
- Offer crucial support during special events or community projects as required.
- Work schedule includes working weekends and evenings based on Binche Whut’en needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- preferred background in construction, maintenance, or related fields.
- Proficiency in utilizing a diverse range of tools and equipment utilized in public works projects.
- Strong work ethic, thriving both independently and within a collaborative team setting.
- Adaptability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and handle changing priorities.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License with annual renewal of Driver’s Abstract.
- Essential physical strength to lift a minimum 50 pounds and adeptness in performing heavy manual work in all weather conditions due to the nature of the role.
- Preference will be given to qualified applicants living in Binche Whut’en
This position is pivotal in preserving the ongoing functionality and safety of our community’s vital infrastructure. If you excel in maintenance and operations, we welcome your application to join our team. Please drop of cover letter with Chelsea Tom at the Administration office or email Dawn Tom at [email protected]