RECEPTIONIST POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
GRADE CLASSIFICATION: TBA (Assessed from Grade 1 to 3)
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Administrative
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Core Funding
STATUS: Full-time (35 hours per week)
FINANCIAL SIGNING AUTHORITY: None
NO. OF INDIVIDUALS SUPERVISED: None
A Dalkelh World View: Values and Principles for Binche Band Employment
- Dakelh Worldview respects clan traditions, Dakelh values, cultural teachings, family, and community knowledge. Must respect the voices, concerns, ideas and input from the community
- Binche Whut’en has the right to self-determination. We have the right to govern ourselves and to follow Dakelh ways.
- Bincl1e Whut’en has traditional laws, bylaws, and codes that protect the people, lands, and animals on our traditional territories.
- Binche governance is transparent, performance-based, and aligns with Dakelh values.
- The principles of fairness, honesty, equity, and sustainability will guide all decisions concerning our human resources, animal resources and land resources.
Education and Experience
- 1 years’ office experience.
- A Binche Whut’en member.
- Understands basic Carrier language and is able to speak key Carrier words.
- Has a valid Driver’s License.
- Level 1 First Aid is an asset.
- Ability to treat Binche Whut’en members with respect and to be considerate of the detrimental effects of colonization and residential schools on Indigenous people.
- 20 accurate words per minute keyboarding speed.
- Minimal knowledge in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge electronic file management skills.
- Basic website maintenance experience (keeping the website current).
- Intermediate written and oral communications skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a respectful approach to working with the public and with other Binche employees.
- Basic understanding in bookkeeping training and/or experience.
- Records management training and/or experience.
- Provides attention to detail and checks work for accuracy and relevancy.
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities and directions.
- Is able to prioritize work and manage time accordingly.
- Can lift up to 40 pounds and applies appropriate lifting procedures.
- Is a self-starter who provides solid and timely responses to routine office challenges and to required office support services.
- Is able to respond professionally to individuals who are challenging and in difficult situations.
- Ability to solve problems and appropriately manage conflicts.
- A team player who is interested in supporting the development and success of fellow Binche Whut’en employees.
Scope of Communication and Interactions
- Direct and frequent contact with the Binche Band Administrator & Admin Assistant.
- Regular and frequent contact with Binche Whut’en members.
- Occasional contact with government, business, and industry contacts as directed by the Binche Band Administrator.
Level of Authority
- Regular supervision provided by the Binche Band Admin Assistant.
- General direction on daily and weekly activities.
- Aligned decisions on how tasks and activities are accomplished.
- Provides support services to the Binche Band Council, the Binche Band Administrator, and the Binche Ombuds position.
- Provides occasional administrative support to the Bincl1e Band Managers as directed by the Band Administrator.
- Assists in work plans as identified by the Band Administrator.
- Ensures that relevant, accurate, and current information is provided to Bincl1e Whut’en members.
- Maintains confidentiality of a professional office and the protection of confidential and sensitive information and activities.
- Maintains accurate and current office records.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides reception services for the Binche Band Office and the Nancy Tom Health Center
- Handles requests for information and data.
- Prepares responses to routine enquiries.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, appointments, and travel plans for managers, the Band Administrator, and the Binche Whut’en Band Council.
- Schedules and coordinates booking of community center facilities, vehicles and equipment etc.
- Assists in preparing meeting agendas and schedules.
- Coordinates and maintains records for staff telephones, assigned equipment, travel, and petty cash.
- Keeps accurate and organized administrative and safety-related records.
- Produces quality documents; such as, letters, memos, and simple reports.
- Manages and provides routine office services; such as, answering the phone, taking phone and in-person messages for other Binche Whut’en employees, ordering supplies, managing office inventories, troubleshooting office equipment malfunctions, and keeping the office, reception, kitchen, lounge and hall areas clean, tidy, and In good working order.
- Maintains a professional standard of office administration and a respectful representation of the Binche Band Office.
- Provides Binche Band employees with access to Binche policies and procedures.
- Provides administrative support services for community and employee appeals.
- Practices a team approach to working as a Binche Whut’en employee.
- Ensure & communicate safe, effective and obedient operation of the Binche Band Office &
Community Centre rules (collecting breach fines).
- Other duties as assigned (may be up to 10 percent of the overall position workload).
Closing Date: July 8th.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org