Binche Whut’en Job Posting
POSITION TITLE: Community Health Representative/ Patient Travel Clerk
GRADE CLASSIFICATION: TBA
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Health Director
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: FNHA Core Funding
STATUS: Full-time (37.5 hours per week) at Binche Whut’en
FINANCIAL SIGNING AUTHORITY: TBA
NO. OF INDIVIDUALS SUPERVISED: (0)
A Dakelh World View: Values and Principles for Binche Band Employment
- We respect our Dakelh Worldview and Dakelh values, clan traditions, cultural teachings, family, and community knowledge.
- We govern ourselves, follow Dakelh ways, and have rights to political, economic, social, and cultural freedom.
- We respect the voices, concerns, ideas, and input of the community.
- We have traditional laws, bylaws, and codes that protect our people, our lands, and the animals on our traditional territories.
- Our governance is transparent, performance-based, and aligns with Dakelh values.
- The principles of fairness, honesty, equity, and sustainability guide our decisions and the protection of our resources.
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years related health care administration is an asset
- Certified Medical Office Assistant
- Training FNHA Medical Transportation Clerk
- Ability to treat Binche Whut’en members with respect and to be considerate of the detrimental effects of colonization and residential schools on Indigenous people.
- Must demonstrate principled and ethical leadership.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Well, developed interpersonal skills with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Strong management, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
- Strong presentation skills and ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to build strong working relationships and networks of support.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of Indigenous issues and practices and be understanding of the damaging effects of colonization and residential school experiences on Indigenous people.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Level I First Aid is an asset.
- FNHA Health Skills or training is an asset.
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills training are assets.
Scope of Communication and Interactions
- Direct and frequent contact with Chief and Council.
- Direct and frequent contact with Health Manager
- Direct and frequent contact with Binche Whut’en members.
Level of Authority
- Extensive decision-making authority on implementation of strategic and tactical plans.
- Independent decisions on how tasks and activities are accomplished.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Closing date: August 5,2022